Benefits of swimming:
The benefits of swimming are actually countless. We have picked our top favorites to share with you:
- Keeps your heart rate up but takes some of the impact stress off your body
- Builds endurance, muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness. It is a great form of cardio exercise. Just 30 mins of swimming a week can help against heart disease, stroke and type 2 diabetes.
- Keeps you flexible
- It reduces stress and also depression
- It is calming, meditative and is therefore relaxing
- It gives your whole body a workout
- Swimming supports up to 90% of your body weight whilst you are in the water.
- Helps maintain a healthy weight, healthy heart and lungs
- Swimming in salt water helps your skin keep in the moisture and detox. So if you have any injuries, swimming is a superb way to stay active.
- Tones muscles and builds strength
- If you don’t like to sweat then swimming if your best friend. That beautiful water is constantly cooling you down
- It builds up bone mass
- It reduces inflammation
- Another benefit of swimming is that it increases your energy levels. Did you know that it isn’t ageing that is responsible for lack of energy? It is inactivity. Just 30 mins of swimming three times a week and watch your energy increase and your metabolism improve.
- Provides an all-over body workout, as nearly all of your muscles are used during swimming
- Have you got asthma? Swimming can can reduce asthma symptoms and improve exercise-induced asthma
- It is a fantastic way to burn calories – you can burn the same or more calories to that of running!
More benefits are listed here